Ehrenberg Klause (1317) - Soon after the first mentioning of Ehrenberg, the Klause which lies below, is also named. In addition to its military function as barrage, it also served as a customs and tolls site.
A marble plaque on the northern facade recalls that in 1609, Archduke Maximilian III. der Deutschmeister, had the Klause remodeled and expanded.
Two-thirds of the former Klause are now in ruins, but always reveal new secrets through on-going excavations. The remainder of the Klause, located in the middle of 18 castles in Tyrol and the Allgäu, has housed a very special museum since July 2006.